Hiring a Highly Skilled Migrant
If you want to keep growing as a company, it’s important to hire the right talent. We can help. But sometimes even we can’t find the right candidate in the Netherlands. In those cases, hiring a highly skilled migrant is a good solution. But how does that work?
Employees who are citizens of the EU/EER or Switzerland do not need a work permit. If you want to hire a knowledge migrant with a different nationality, however, that will fall under the highly skilled migrant scheme and you will need to meet certain criteria. We’ve listed them for you:
- Employers who want to hire highly skilled migrants need to be registered with the Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service as a Recognised Sponsor. The cost of this is €4,017. For companies with less than 50 employees, the cost is €2,008.
- The registration can be withdrawn by the IND if for a period of three years no knowledge migrant was hired and no knowledge migrant is currently employed with the company.
- If you wish to hire a Highly Skilled Migrant, the income requirement must be met. The height of the income requirement is determined every year and is currently set at €4,612 gross a month (excl. holiday allowance) for those over 30 years old and at €3,381 gross a month (excl. holiday allowance) for those under 30 years old.
- With the application for the work permit and the Highly Skilled Migrant Visa, a copy of the employment contract stating the salary has to be submitted.
- The costs of applying for the Highly Skilled Migrant Visa are €290 for each application.
- For more information on the application process and the criteria, you can take a look at the IND website.
The process of applying for registration and obtaining an HSM-Visa for a new employee can be quite tedious and difficult. Search X Recruitment can help with this process and has partnered with a renowned relocation agency to support our clients even better.
Want to know more about hiring the best international talent?Get in touch!